Here are a few facts about water and a popular
1) 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies
to half of the world population)
2) In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken
3) Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4) One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the
dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5) Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6) Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day would
significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80%of sufferers.
7) A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with
basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed
8) Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%,
plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to
develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
SODA (Humor, or is it?)
1) In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two
gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car
2) You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two
3) To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet
bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric
acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4) To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled up
piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5) To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the
terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6) To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt
for several minutes.
7) To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham
in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the
foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8) To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
9) The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks
for about 20 years!
10) To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the
concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards
reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
THE COKE PIECE IS HUMOR FOLKS. It's been
passed around the internet for years.
Coke is very sweet, acidic and DOES negate the
coral calcium we recommend people be taking. However, the numbered soda items
are HUMOR. (See urban legends www.snopes.com).
For Your Info:
1) An active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its ph is 2.8. It is not
In a more dilute form such as soda, phosphoric
acid also leaches calcium from bones, and is a major contributor to rising
increases in osteoporosis.